Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How Big Is Your God, part 2

On a recent Sunday afternoon, my sister, a couple of friends and I ate at a local restaurant. They left to go shopping in the mall area.  I left returning to church.  Driving on the interstate, pondering over things I had been asked to share during an upcoming meeting, I glanced over at the passenger seat.  Instantly I realized that only one item, my purse, was on the seat.  The second item, my Ipad, should have been there and wasn't.  My first thought was "Oh my God, I have left my Ipad at the restaurant, what do I do?"  I pulled off the interstate while both saying a prayer to God and reminding myself of two things.  The first, “there is nothing lost in Christ Jesus.”  And the second, “God has not given me a spirit of fear.”

I called my sister, explained what had happened, and asked her to go back to the restaurant to get my Ipad.  My next thought was, that's settled, I can go on to my church meeting.  Pulling back onto the interstate, I realized that I should also call the restaurant, and explain what happened. So I got off the interstate at the next exit, found the number and called the restaurant.  Explaining what had happened to the person answering the phone, she then placed me on hold while she checked.  The manager then came on the phone and placed me on hold a couple of times while he checked.  He finally reported to me that an Ipad had not been turned in and that the people at the table had not seen it. With a sense of finality, he took my name and number, promising to call should it be found.  I got back onto the interstate all the while telling God and reminding myself that “nothing is lost in Christ Jesus.”

My sister arrived and insisted on a recheck of the booth. Meanwhile, my friend called to tell me it wasn't found and that I should check to see if it were really in the car with me.  While talking to her, my sister called to let me know they had, per my direction, checked the wrong booth.  When they checked the one where we had actually been sitting, the Ipad was on the seat where I left it.  Seemingly, the people sitting there had not noticed it.   In just a few minutes, she called to let me know that she had it.  Praise the Lord!  Thank you Jesus!

When you are challenged by circumstances, how big is your God?

No comments:

Post a Comment