Thursday, September 18, 2014

What Are You Saying?

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, ..."     Proverbs 18:21

 What are you saying?  Do your words bring life or death?  Are your words true or false?  Are they the truth or a lie?  Are your statements factual or truthful?  Did you know that the mind cannot distinguish between your figurative and your literal language?

 Could you be telling yourself sick? I need this like I need a hole in the head. You will be the death of me.  You make me sick.  That just breaks my heart.  I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.  I can't bear it anymore.  I am pretty upset.  That was terribly nice.  I'm sorry, I feel so bad.  I feel terrible about that (an apology).  There's a knot in my stomach.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  My feet are killing me.  What you don't know won't hurt you.

 Could it be that it's not what happens that makes you sick, it's what you tell yourself about what happens that dis-eases you. That was a pain in the neck ... gives me a headache ... breaks my heart ... drives me crazy ... will give me a heart attack ... will be the death of me ... sets my teeth on edge ... makes my skin crawl ... is a bitter pill to swallow ... weighs on me ... is nerve wracking.

Are death and life really in the power of the tongue?  What are you saying?  Are your words different from God’s Words? Begin to speak more of God's Word, the truth. Replace your unhealthy thoughts and statements with healthy ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment