Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Greatest Story, part 7

Ministry is team work.  One can neither in actuality nor in effectiveness be in ministry alone or as one.  Meet Phoebe, a servant leader in the church at Cenchreae, a seaport town in Corinth. Paul is in Corinth for approximately three months during which time he writes the letter to the Roman church. How does he get the letter delivered to Rome?  Not by mail, neither by UPS or FedEx, not by email, no overnight express, none of today's modern conveniences which we all take for granted.  No, this is a personal delivery.  Take a look at a map and see the great distance between Corinth and Rome, a journey by sea -- hundreds of miles.  Paul needs help.

So, who does Paul send the letter by?  According to Romans 16:1, he probably sends Phoebe, a woman leader in the church. To say the least, this is a long journey, difficult travel, considerable travel time, expensive, unsafe, very difficult.  When Paul raises the questions -- who will go, whom shall I send -- it is this woman Phoebe who answers "here am I, send me." He sends and she goes.

When God, through the Paul in your life, asks you to assist in ministry, will you say yes ... yes Lord ... here am I ... send me ... I'll go ... I'll do whatever you want me to do ... I'll go wherever you want me to go  ... I'll say whatever you want me to say?  No hindrance, no stumbling block, no expense too high, no situation, no circumstance, nothing will keep me from fulfilling my purpose, my calling, my destiny, my charge, my commission.  I am your willing and obedient servant.  Here am I, send me, I’ll go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment