Thursday, April 7, 2016

But God

On this past Monday, I had a but God experience. If you're thinking, so what's a but God experience.  It's when something happens in a situation or circumstance that is normally impossible, out of the ordinary, highly unlikely in the natural scheme of things.  It's when God intervenes to alter the natural order of things.  It's when you experience what you absolutely know to be a miracle. It's mind boggling.  For me, it was all of the above and life-saving.

In the morning after the gym and breakfast and a two mile walk in the park, I was in the car on the way from downtown to get the car washed. Traveling south on 20th Street, I began to feel sleepy, very sleepy.  Let the window down, and confessed I'm awake and alert.  The next thing I heard was this loud crash, saw a concrete wall up close, and white airbags deployed, all in one split second. Oh my God, I've crashed into a wall. The impact knocked the car back into one lane of northbound traffic. Put the car in park, turned off the ignition, picked up my phone from the floor, grabbed my purse, and got out.  Heard a woman's voice asking if I were okay?  Strangely unshaken and questioning what just happened, I responded, yes I'm fine.  And I was.

What happened, I was thinking then just as you probably are now?  I went to sleep, foot on accelerator, car traveled across three lanes, two of them oncoming traffic, hit a concrete retaining wall, and was pushed back into one lane of oncoming traffic.  But God, I hit no other car, no other car hit me.  But God, the passenger side of the car hit the wall sustaining major damage from the impact.  But God, I sustained NO injuries. 

The following day God reminded me of how His Word never returns void or empty, and accomplishes the purpose for which it was sent.  I remembered my daily prayer confession of Psalm 91 for the past 15+ years.  I am especially mindful of the last three verses personalized to me, Psalm 91:14-16 -- I will rescue her, protect her, be with her in trouble, deliver her, satisfy her with long life, and show her my salvation.  But God, THANK YOU!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment