Thursday, April 28, 2016

What Makes Your Heart Sing

Today on Rise@5, our early morning Bible Study, the teacher raised a similar question, what brings you peace?  We were asked to write our thoughts during a two minute timed interval.  I did and continued to write long after the call was completed.  I wrote a page full of things that both bring me peace and make my heart sing

 


My list in part -- the Word, speaking, reading, meditating ... quietness, peaceful solitude, soft instrumental music ... books, a good book ... lights especially night lights that seem to flicker, as seen from my bedroom view of the city ... flowers on my deck, in my yard, throughout my home, in my office, wherever ... sitting in front of my fireplace watching the flames as the burning (gas) logs seem to snap, crackle, and pop ... water whether in a pond, lake, river, ocean, observed from the deck of a cruise ship or riding the river in a friend's pontoon, in San Francisco sitting on the dock of the bay ... observing the sunset standing on a rocky crag overlooking the Pacific ocean in Lima, Peru; this gigantic ball of yellow gold appeared to be settling into the water as far as I could see both to my left and right ... the squirrel(s) that comes early morning to look for hidden nuts in the flower pots on my deck ... my computer screen with daily changing nature scenes ... projects and assignments that unfold as planned ... revelation and answers from God to the issues of life ... children ... an ongoing list ... .



What brings you peace?  What makes your heart sing, what people, thoughts, stories, memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment