Thursday, May 5, 2016

You Are Somebody Special

A long time ago (remember these words), I was asked to speak to a graduating class of pregnant girls from Birmingham City Schools.  My first thoughts (unfortunately) were pregnant girls, fast girls, illegitimate babies, sexual promiscuity, bad girls.  Even though I had accepted the invitation, my big question was ... what do I say to them?  Fortunately, I slowed my wild and run away thinking down long enough to hear the voice of the Lord give me the message topic.  You may have already figured it out.  It was You  Are Somebody Special! And indeed, they were.



Read the following words, speak the words aloud, think about what you're saying -- I Am Somebody Special.  Repeat the words and know that you are.  Yes, You Are Somebody Special.  Guess who said so?  God says that you are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).  He says that you are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37).  The Lord says you triumph in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 2:14).  Almighty God says that you are the head and not the tail, you're above and not beneath, you're the lender and not the borrower (Deuteronomy 28:12-13).  He adds that you can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13).



It really doesn't matter what you see, hear, think, or feel about yourself, where you've been, or what you've done.  ALL that matters is what the Word of the Lord says.  You Are Somebody Special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment