Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Help God Remember


Help God remember.  God is all knowing.  He is omniscient.  He knows everything.  He knows the end from the beginning.  He knows the new born babe even before birth.  He knows the number of hairs on your head.  He knows your next thought before you think it.  He knows your answer before you get the question.  So why do you have to help God remember?  Is that your question?  If yes, read on.
Through the words of the prophet Isaiah (see 43:26), we are invited to put God in remembrance of His Word.  The invitation in one translation (NIV) is to review the past and argue the matter together.  God is His Word.  He knows the Word.  Could it be that He wants you to know the Word? Could it be that you need to let Him know that you know the Word?  Could it be that He wants a conversation with you?  Could it be that He wants more than the usual one way communication wherein you ask and tell? 

So how does that work?  Consider -- God, you say that you will keep me in perfect peace as I keep my mind stayed on you (see Isaiah 26:3).  I am not in perfect peace.  So God, remember your promise to me of perfect peace.  Did I hear you say that I must pay attention to the condition?  Okay God, I will keep my mind stayed on you. If I don't have perfect peace tomorrow, I'm going to remind you again God.  Did you say that you look forward to hearing from me again tomorrow? Okay, tomorrow. And thank you God for perfect peace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment