Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Said No, God Said Yes

I Said No, God Said Yes

Just a few days ago, I was being informed by a new found friend in Jackson ,MS of the circumstances surrounding my brother's medical emergency. He shared that their church sponsored 3K walk/run had begun around 7:00 a.m. He had reminded my brother that he'd pick up his bag from the back of his truck upon his return. My brother, in his usual joking manner, matter-of-factly responded "I'LL BE GONE." This statement rang out loudly to me. And I quickly thought just as loudly, "NO, GOD."

When I thought NO, God said YES. He had already beckoned my brother home. Just as we ended this conversation, a doctor with the same last name as my brother informed me that their best efforts to revive him all failed. While I had thought, NO, don't go; God said YES, come. When this friend returned, my brother's last words to him rang true. And that was the end of that story. Before the call was ended, God reminded me of His Word found in . . .
Isaiah 57:1-2. The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.
Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.

I could only say, "thank you Father for saying YES when I thought NO. Thank you for delivering my brother from a weakened, quite possibly debilitating state. Thank you for your miracle working healing power at work. Thank you for his life here. And thank you, Father God, for eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment