Thursday, August 16, 2012

Speak the Truth

Some time ago, I heard a televangelist say "speak the truth until the facts line up with it." Those words resonated deep down inside of me as I realized how profound and full of meaning the statement was. Speak the truth until the facts line up with it. Speak the truth until the facts line up with it.   I remembered that truth and facts are two different things.  I was reminded that the only real truth is God's Word (see John 17:17). I was also reminded that Jesus the Christ is the living Word, that He is the truth (see John 14:6).  I remembered that the Spirit is the truth (see 1 John 5:6). And I recalled that the facts are not the truth. They are not God's Word.

Let me explain.  You have been diagnosed with a health issue, say diabetes ... high blood pressure ... lower back pain ... insomnia ... heart disease ... cancer ... etc.  These are all real conditions.  As concerns the Word of God however, are these health issues the truth? Or are they the facts of the matter?  You are unemployed with no income.  Fact or truth?  Your expenses consistently exceed your income.  Fact or truth? You have more month than you have money.  Fact or truth? Your husband is filing for a divorce?  Fact or truth?  Your middle son is on drugs? Fact or truth? If the Word of God is the truth, are any of these statements the truth?  If not the truth, can they be the facts of the matter?

 So, what is the truth regarding your life's issues?  Will you choose to speak the truth or the facts of the matter?

1 comment:

  1. So thought provoking. Truth or facts or truth and facts. You choose. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete