Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Is Anything Too Hard for God? part 2


More often than I'd like, I have come to realize that I really don't fully expect that God will move in some situations in my life.  I memorize the Scriptures, I quote the Scriptures, I pray the Scriptures.  Yet, there is that part of me that believes either God can't, or he won't move on my behalf.  Sometimes, I never even ask God to help or to intervene.  I choose to believe that I am facing an impossible circumstance, and that's just the way it is.  There are occasions when I think the matter is so trivial that it doesn't warrant calling on God. Then sometimes I think an issue is the status quo.  Everybody is dealing with this issue.  God isn't changing their lives, so neither will He change mine. 

What about you?  Ever feel the same way, or have similar thoughts?

Could it be a deeply ingrained belief that some things are too hard for God?  Could it be that God raised this question with the prophet Jeremiah back then, and so it's not applicable today?   Right now, I remind myself of God's message to Jeremiah (32:27).  "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind.  Is anything too hard for me?" And I encourage you to remind yourself. Whether a little health issue or a big one ... small debt or huge debt ... minor problem or major problem ... lost a job or got a job ... nothing is too hard for God.  That's a message from God to you and to me, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment