Thursday, December 13, 2012

Who Is Jesus?

 

Who is Jesus to you?  Do you identify Him by name?  By title? By occupation? By profession?  By genealogy? By heritage?  By place of birth?  By length of life? By roots?  By character?  By miracles? By parables? By spoken words?

Consider John 1:1, 2, 14.  ‎"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.  14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us ..."

Who is Jesus to me?  At this point in my time, He is the Word.  He, Jesus, the Word was in the beginning.  When was the beginning?  Before the world was created.  And Jesus was there.  Wow!  To me, that is astounding, absolutely amazing.   So Jesus was there before the creation of the world (see John 17:5).  As the Holy Spirit was hovering over the waters, God spoke the Word -- Jesus, and the creation unfolded.

Since I am made in the image of God, when I speak the Word, I can create my destiny, my future.  I can speak things that are not as though they are, and they become real in my life. Clearly, there is power in the Word. This Word I need to know.  This Jesus I need to know.

Who is Jesus to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment