Saturday, January 11, 2014

The I AM of 2014, part 2

Talk with I AM so I AM can tell you what to say.  At the burning bush, God gave Moses the assignment to go to Pharaoh, tell him to “let my people go,” and then to lead the Israelites out of Egypt (see Exodus 3).  Moses' first thoughts -- who, what, why, when, where, how; probably not unlike our first thoughts.  Who am I that I should do this? Who shall I tell the Israelites sent me? What is his name? How am I going to do this?  What do you want me to say? I AM, you know that I am slow of speech.  When do you want me to go back to Egypt?

Talk with I AM so I AM can tell you what to say.  Moses had never done anything like this in his entire 80 year life span.  Neither had anybody else.  New assignment, new challenge, new time, new season, new ending, new beginning.  All new, little or nothing to draw from or learn from.  We, however, can learn from Moses.  He talked with I AM.  I AM told him what to say to his brother, Aaron.  I AM told him what to say to the elders of Egypt.  I AM told him what to say to the Israelites.  I AM told him what to say to Pharaoh.

Talk with I AM so I AM can tell you what to say. Going on a job interview ... going before your accusers ...  told to write a book, article, blog, letter, sermon, lesson ... in a tight place ... backed up against a wall ... half dozen in one hand, six in the other ... need to discipline another … just don't know what to say ... talk with I AM so I AM can tell you what to say.

Talk with I AM means Pray to I AM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment