Saturday, January 18, 2014

The I AM of 2014, part 3


Walk with I AM so I AM can walk with you.  On one occasion, Jesus said to the Jews "before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).   Jesus' words here remind me of an old hymn, Walk With Me.  The first line of the chorus -- "I want Jesus to walk with me ... all along this pilgrim journey,  I want Jesus to walk with me."  Consider that the chorus could be sung this way -- I want I AM to walk with me ... all along this pilgrim journey, I want I AM to walk with me. 

As you seek the way God has purposed for you, remember that Jesus said ... I AM the Way.  When the facts of life are bombarding you ... the doctor's negative report ... a new round of layoffs that includes you ... the unexpected death of a loved one ... teenager on drugs, remember the words of Jesus, I AM the Truth.  When you just don't know which way to turn or where to go, Jesus says I AM the Light of the World.  His word is a lamp for your feet and a light on your path (see Psalm 119:105).  When God seems so far away, when it seems that none of your prayers are being answered, consider where I AM is.  I AM is right there, I AM is right here, wherever you need Him to be, whenever you need Him.

Invite I AM to walk with you, all along your earthly journey, let I AM walk with you. Jesus has declared I AM the Beginning and the End.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment