Saturday, June 11, 2016

Committed or Fully Committed


Being committed or being fully committed -- is there a difference between the two?  I've come to realize that I am committed to a lot of things and in a lot of areas, but apparently, I am not fully committed to a lot of those things. This probably holds true for you as well.  We make commitments and then not be fully committed to honoring them.   First of this year, I made a commitment to being in bed ready for sleep no later than 10:30. While I'd like to say that I'm about 50% there, in actuality I'm missing the commitment more than I am making it.  I have a commitment to healthy eating wherein I might be 70% there.  I have a commitment to the scriptural command to pray without ceasing.  Am I committed or fully committed to this command?  Even my three times a day commitment to prayer is a more occasional than full commitment. Maybe these are just my issues, unlike with you.



I expect God to be fully committed to me.  Should He not expect me to reciprocate?  We are reminded through Solomon's prayer (see 1 Kings 8:61) that our hearts must be fully committed to the Lord, to live by His decrees and obey His commands.  Fully committed is also expressed in some translations as wholly devoted, perfect, wholly true, blameless, loyal. God's promises are so needed in our lives, and too good for us to want anything less.  Will you challenge me as I challenge you to move past being committed to being fully committed (see 2 Chronicles 16:9)?



What does a heart fully committed to God look like? How is a  fully committed heart expressed?  Through thoughts?  Through words? Through actions?  Through deeds? Praying without ceasing or three times a day ... healthy eating ... adequate sleep ... and the list goes on. Which will it be -- committed or fully committed?

No comments:

Post a Comment