Saturday, June 18, 2016

What Does FULLY COMMITTED Look Like?

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen
those whose hearts are FULLY COMMITTED to him.

1 Chronicles 16:9



What does being fully committed to something or someone look like?  I'm fully committed to earning the paycheck that I get from my job every two weeks.  Therefore, I show up to work regularly, consistently, work 8-10 hours a day, try to do what's asked and expected of me, seek to do my job well, be loyal to my employer, etc.  I'm fully committed to living in my home.  So I make the mortgage payment monthly, on time, and in full, year after year.  I'm fully committed to taking care of my body, actually I'm kind of committed, more like partly committed.  So I purchase a gym membership, and pay to have a trainer work with me three times a week.  Without too much resistance or outright refusal on my part, I pretty much do what he asks of me.  Most times, I stay with an exercise even when it burns and hurts because he encourages me.  He pushes me.  He tells me I can do it.



So what does being fully committed to God look like?  Does it look like Daniel when he chose to be fully committed to praying three times a day to the True and Living God only.  For Daniel, his choice meant being thrown into a den of lions.  Given Daniel's choices, would you lessen your commitment, or walk away from it completely?  Would you choose partial commitment like praying to God when no one was looking, or not praying in public "in the name of Jesus?" Would you choose not to attend called prayer meetings because it requires going to church either earlier or another day?



God does for us so much more than my trainer does for me.  He reminds us that we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us (see Philippians 4:13).  He supports us in knowing that with Him, nothing is impossible or too hard (see Luke 1:37, Jeremiah 32:27).  God promises to strengthen, fully support, show himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are FULLY COMMITTED to Him.  Are you FULLY COMMITTED?

No comments:

Post a Comment