Thursday, June 2, 2016

How Committed

How committed are you to the things of God -- obedience to His commands ... study of the Word ... prayer ... Sunday worship service ... midweek Bible Study ... giving ... service ... your job ... your family ... timeliness ... et al?

 


On a scale of 1-10, 10 high, rate your level of commitment in each of these areas?  By all means, be honest with yourself.  God is watching you.  He knows you, He knows your heart, your every thought, all of your deeds, even your hidden secrets.  Review your ratings.  Also remember, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (see Romans 8:1).  So, don't go there.  God never intends that our honesty be condemning. 



Choose one of the areas to be more fully committed to.  What will you do differently?  For me, I am almost always at church and bible study. However, I am not always on time.  So I'm having to reconsider what being on time means -- is it being in the parking lot?  In the building?  At my desk? In my seat? On time?  Before time? I'm having to also consider why I am late.  What's the root cause?  Is it procrastination?  I used to be on time, actually early.  Why did I change? Why, in this area, am I moving away from God rather than closer to Him?   So I'm asking forgiveness and choosing to honor God by being on time.  I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).  So can you with your commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment